Thomas Murray Digital
Digital Asset Risk for Institutional Investors
Digital asset risk should be limited to the success or failure of an instrument, not the operations that support investment.
We give our clients greater confidence to invest in cryptocurrencies and other digital assets by assessing service providers’ capabilities and ensuring that their investments are properly serviced and safeguarded throughout the lifecycle.
Digital assets have risen in value dramatically since 2017. Funds of all risk appetites are adding exposure, and many dedicated funds have been launched. Regulation of the sector has not yet solidified, and the risks are often not fully understood.
Thomas Murray Digital provides trusted, independent validation of service providers – including exchanges and custodians – ensuring that their capabilities and operational safety are fully understood and satisfy investors’ requirements.
Standardised, comparable and filterable reference data on the basic facts and capabilities of digital asset service providers.
Risk assessments and intelligence on didital asset markets, crypto exchanges, custodians and other digital asset market infrastructures.
Expertly managed RFP programmes through our widely-used proprietary application to select the right service provider.
Ongoing due diligence and benchmarking of counterparties for efficient compliance and risk mitigation.
WHO WE ARE
Andrew is a Director at Thomas Murray. He has held several roles at the company and now serves as Chief Administrative Officer. A career technologist, he has held cryptocurrencies since 2011. He has an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management and an MA from the University of St Andrews.
Hugo has served as a Network Manager within the Global Network Management Team at Thomas Murray, supporting the on-going monitoring and risk analysis of agent bank networks for Global Custodian clients. Hugo has long held the view that blockchain and distributed ledger technologies will become integral to the securities landscape. He holds an undergraduate degree in Anthropology from the University of Brighton.
Thomas Murray Digital, a subsidiary of Thomas Murray, has been launched in partnership with digital asset expert Jan Ivar Strømme.
Drawing on deep experience setting standards for the analysis of traditional market infrastructures and service providers, Thomas Murray Digital is uniquely placed in the industry to launch the first digital asset solution for funds.
- ASX Suspends CHESS Replacement; Fireblocks First CCSS Level 3 provider; Basel Committee Updates Bank Crypto Capital Exposure Proposal; SEC vs LBRY
- Leading Crypto Exchange Bites the Dust; UK Votes for Crypto Financial Instruments; MiCA Delayed Again; UBS Launches Bond on SDX and SIX
- EU Ratifies MiCA; The World’s Largest Custodian Goes Live; SWIFT Acts Swiftly to Cement its Role in Blockchain Global Finance
- SEC Guidance to Hold Client Cryptoassets on Balance Sheet Meets Resistance and Dampens Bank Plans; Staking Raises Prospect of Ether Being Classified as a Security
- Merge Ahead; Billions Flow into Crypto Funds; ECB and Fed Look at Licensing; Tether’s Fortunes Change
Thomas Murray Digital
1 Farrier’s Yard
77 Fulham Palace Road
London W6 8AH
+44 (0)20 8057 7100